I’m lucky enough to have always had soft, hassle free hair. But, due to years of colouring my hair I feel that it’s not nearly as soft as it used to be.
So lately I have been trying out some hair masks. I did some searching in Pinterest and came across a few hair masks. Most of the diy hair treatments all contained raw egg. Can I just say… Gross!!! I tried this, my hair went hard and for days after my shower smelled like scrambled eggs. No!
After chatting to some of my dancers last night, I decided to try plain coconut oil. And it works!
How do you apply the coconut oil hair treatment?
- Warm a good dollop up in your hands so that it starts to melt.
- generously apply all over your hair focusing on problem areas (for me this is my ends as they are super dry now that it’s winter).
- Secure all your hair in a bun with a hair clip.
- *optional step* place a shower cap over your head and apply heat (hair dryer). This will open up the hair follicles and cause the coconut oil to be absorbed a lot quicker. I had some time and had other things to do so opted for just leaving the oil on without applying heat.
- Leave the oil to set for at least 30 minutes. I left it for about one and a half hours.
- Wash as usual. If your hair is still very oily you may have to shampoo your hair twice.
- Style as usual.
My hair feels amazing after doing this and I have decided to try fit in a weekly coconut oil treatment for my hair. Hopefully it will help my hair grow quicker too.